2012 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – Strategic Training Solutions.
2008 Graduate Certificate in Critical Care – Emergency Nursing. College of Nursing.
1999 Graduate Certificate in Oncology Nursing. College of Nursing.
1994 Diploma of Health Science (Nursing). Newcastle University.
2017 – Current Clinical Nurse Educator Day Treatment Centre, Calvary MaterNewcastle (3 days/week).
2012 – Current Clinical Nurse Educator Emergency Department, Calvary Mater Newcastle (2 days/week).
2008 – 2017 Clinical Nurse Specialist Oncology Department and
Emergency Department, Calvary Mater Hospital.
2007 – Jan – June Clinical Coordinator – Emergency Department, Calvary Mater Hospital.
2003 – Current Registered Nurse – Emergency Department, NewcastleMater Misericordiae Hospital.
1999 – 2003 Clinical Nurse Specialist – Oncology Department.
Newcastle Mater Misericordiae Hospital.
1996 – 1999 Registered Nurse – Oncology Department, Newcastle Mater Misercordiae Hospital.
1995 – 1996 Post – Graduate Registered Nurse, Newcastle Mater
Misericordiae Hospital. (Palliative Care, Surgical,
Medical, and Medical Oncology Nursing).
- Current Advanced Specialist Skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Adult and paediatric advanced life support (assessor)
- Care of central venous access devices (assessor)
- Chemotherapy and related toxicities Communication skills
- Computer skills (iPIMS, Aria, Auslab, Outlook e-mail, Internet, IIMS, Kronos,
Workforce, CAP, Calvary Mater intranet, Eviq, PAC’s, HNEAHS website)
Demonstrated leadership skills
- I.V venipuncture and cannulation (assessor)
- Immunotherapies and related toxicities
- Male and female catheterization (assessor)
- Pain management
- Radiotherapy and related toxicities
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- Septic shock
- Time management skills
- Undertake complex problem solving in busy environments
- Professional Affiliations
- N.S.W Nurses Association
- College of Nursing
- Cancer Nurses Society of Australia